Thursday, October 13, 2016
Get to Know Laura Licitra|
- What’s your favorite Keurig flavor?
"I like French vanilla, especially with French vanilla creamer."
- Before working at CPL, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
"I would say my previous job was the most interesting/unconventional architecture job I've ever had. I worked in NYC in restoration. All of the work I did was focused on the building envelope (facades). I inspected existing conditions, designed repairs and managed the construction administration on those repairs. This meant working with contractors all the time, being on hanging scaffolding, climbing pipe scaffolding, being on boom lifts and window washing rigs, and getting dirty in order to do my job. At first it was intimidating, but I quickly got used to it and ended up really enjoying it. I also learned not to wear nice clothes to job sites! I got to see so many breathtaking views of Manhattan, views that most people can only ever dream of."
- In your opinion, where’s the best lunch spot around the New Windsor office?
"Typically I bring my lunch from home, but when I don’t, I've enjoyed going to lunch at Cosimo’s nearby. It's a nice little Italian restaurant with great lunch specials. I went there with my coworkers because they suggested it and I was definitely not disappointed."
- When you’re not at CPL, what are you typically doing?
"I enjoy exploring the historic towns and architecture in the area. There are losts of towns in Westchester, Rockland and Orange County that I still have to explore. I live in Westchester and take full advantage of its history as well as the history of the Hudson Valley in general. I really like taking tours of the historic mansions in the area. I’m kind of a history nerd. I love seeing historical architecture and where the building materials were quarried from the local quarries in the area. I also enjoy running and hiking, especially up to the top of Bear Mountain, where you can see all the way to Manhattan. I am also a big fan of crafts. If there’s a craft fair in the area, I’m there!"
- What’s the most important thing you’ve learned in your career?
"There are two very important things I have learned. 1) I have learned to be confident in myself and my knowledge. I've gained a lot of experience in the industry and I've dealt with countless contractors, all of which has given me an abundance of useful information about construction and design. 2) The second most important thing I have learned is that you are never finished learning. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new and to help someone else learn something new."
- Give a shoutout to someone! Who has been the most influential and/or helpful person to you CPL? Why?
"I would have to thank Chris Ladanyi for showing me all the ins and outs of the network and AutoCAD setup here. But I also have to thank Chris Colby, Arthur Smith, Mark Johnson, Joe Forte and Kari Messler for being so warm and welcoming! My transition to CPL has been painless and I am already off and running!"
Michelle is a Communications Coordinator responsible for developing written responses to RFP's & RFQ's, executing in-bound marketing initiatives, and managing the firm's public relations efforts. Michelle brings high energy, focus and advanced writing skills, which enables her to produce relevant content to inform, inspire and enhance the firm's value propositions. Outside the office, she enjoys boating, running and spending time with her friends and family.
- All ( 110 )
- People ( 49 )
- Fun ( 43 )
- Architecture ( 27 )
- Community ( 23 )
- Engineering ( 19 )
- Healthcare ( 14 )
- Academic ( 12 )
- K-12 ( 10 )
- Construction ( 10 )
- Civil ( 9 )
- Municipal ( 9 )
- Higher Education ( 4 )
- Landscape ( 3 )
- Transportation ( 3 )
- Planning ( 3 )
- Electrical ( 2 )
- Interior Design ( 2 )
- Mechanical ( 1 )
- Public Works ( 1 )
- Acute Care ( 1 )
- Religious ( 1 )
- CPL Gives Portville CSD's Fitness Center a Makeover
- CPL's Top Ten List of Team Building Activities
- Hands-On Experience Meets Meaningful Mentorship
- A Groundbreaking Healthcare Event
- In the News: New Approach to Construction Catching On Here
- CPL Welcomes New Principal / Vice President in Buffalo and New Director of Communications in Rochester
- Columbus Technical College: World-Class Welding Lab Renovation
- Landscape Architect Among First to Earn SITES Certification
- CPL Breaks Ground at Wayne Memorial Hospital
- Catching Up with Dan Nead
- A Day in the Life of a Marketing Coordinator
- Geneva High School Athletic Complex
- In the News: Clark Patterson Lee Has Designs on Growth
- Introducing Our Chief Culture Officer
- RRH Sands-Constellation Center for Critical Care
- CPL Welcomes Robert Comery
- Northside Drive Pedestrian Bridge
- Clark Patterson Lee Moves Home to Newburgh
- CPL Wins 2 APWA Awards
- CPL Welcomes Anne Dafchik
- The Rise and Fall of the Detroit Community
- Driving Design Forward in Woodstock
- LEED Silver Certification Awarded to the Center for Puppetry Arts Addition
- Green Up Your Day of Giving Thanks
- Licensed to Fly Drones
- A Groundbreaking Recreational Event
- Get to Know Josh Sauve
- Dutchess Day School Music Education Building
- What Happened to Detroit Schools?
- Empty Supermarket Turned State-of-the-Art Heath Center
- Transformational Master Plan is Approved
- Get to Know Laura Licitra
- CPL Binghamton's Local Food Guide
- Discover Your Potential at CPL
- A Day in the Life of Mechanical Engineer, Rich Morelle
- CPL Welcomes Reggie Scales
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work at CPL
- City of Kingston Project Update
- Community Hospitals Meet Future Healthcare Needs
- The Hudson Valley All-Stars
- Get to Know Amanda Brookins
- UMMC Cancer Center Completed
- Paul Hedin: Architect, Community Leader & Two-Time Cancer Survivor
- Introducing Enscape
- Atlanta Motorsports Park
- Energy Performance Contracting
- Building Homes, Community & Hope
- City of Woodstock Project Update
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo ICU Expansion
- Beers, Engineers and Concrete Canoes
- CPL Welcomes Laurence Carty
- Same Great Service, New Local Office
- Newark-Wayne Community Hospital Breaks Ground
- CPL's Women to Watch
- The Best Days Were in PreSchool
- Celebrating Construction Managers
- Solving Problems on a Macro Level
- Get to Know Joseph Powell
- Unite North Main
- Smart Tools Lead to Smart Designs
- Making an Impact
- Caldwell UNC Health Care Breaks Ground
- The RITE Project at the Right Time
- Get to Know Haley Wehner
- Dalton State College Health Professions Building
- Stepping it Up in the Workplace
- Walking the Sustainable Walk
- CPL's Todd Liebert Writes the Rules
- Inspiration From Our Communities
- CPL Launches New Website and Logo
- An Intentional Culture
- CPL Welcomes Domenic Emilio
- IPD: HOW it Works and WHY it Matters
- What is Architecture?
- CPL Welcomes Susan Carpenter
- CPL Gives Back: Roger Vanderbrook
- Designing a "Ribbiting" Zoo Experience
- Licensure Recognitions
- Congratulations to the South Carolina State Museum!
- CPL Tours URMC Golisano Children's Hospital
- CPL Welcomes Jason Suss
- Engineering Solutions One Creek at a Time
- Progress In Orange County
- Celebrating Our People
- CPL Today: Celebrating 40 Years!
- Ben Deuel Honored by AIANYS
- Orange You Glad You Work With Us?
- CPL Welcomes Larry Genn
- Distinctive Designs for Worship
- History 101: CPL 10 Years Ago
- CPL Welcomes Melanie Anderson
- A Conversation with CPL Leadership :: Phil Clark
- CPL Welcomes Dan Insinna
- History 101: CPL 40 Years Ago
- A Conversation with CPL Leadership :: Rick Henry
- CPL Welcomes John Hall
- Christmas in July
- Project V.
- Transformations in Orange County
- A Conversation with CPL Leadership :: Don Lee
- History 101: CPL 20 Years Ago
- CPL Celebrates Groundbreaking Design
- Summer 2015 at CPL
- More Than Just A Summer Internship
- A Conversation with CPL Leadership :: John Patterson
- Orange County Team Celebrates Project Milestone
- History 101: CPL 30 Years Ago